The Lodge was built in the 1960's as a retreat house for the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales. It sleeps 38 people in 18 air-conditioned rooms and 8 more using mattresses on the floor in the multipurpose room. The living room accommodates up to 50 guests and the dining room up to 80. Groups have full access to the residential-size kitchen for meal preparation. Many bedrooms have a sink and mirror. The common rooms share a wonderful view of Vineyard Lake.
Lawrence Lodge Floor Plan
Vineyard Cabin sleep 30 students in two dorms. This winterized and air-conditioned facility features new foam mattresses, a snack kitchen and private showers and bathrooms. Vineyard Cabin is often used as overflow for larger groups staying in Lawrence Lodge.
Vineyard Cabin Floor Plan
Welch Cottage is used by Oblates, Oblate families, and benefactors year-round. This beautiful 5-bedroom lakefront home sleeps ten. The Cottage is not part of the retreat center but the community does share it. For inquiries about using Welch Cottage, please contact us.
Building Availability Calendar
Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Chapel
The Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Chapel is usually available to all visitors. Groups sometimes reserve the chapel for communal prayer. The 1,000 volume Salesian and spiritual library provides visitors with a wide selection of reading material.
The Chapel was donated in 1996 by the Henry and Phyllis Thorrez Family.
Bailey Hall is a recently remodeled, air-conditioned, 27'x47' conference and prayer room that accommodates up to 80 people. It is 25% larger than the meeting room in Lawrence Lodge and free of furniture for maximum flexibility. The two 65" televisions are computer controlled via HDMI cables located at the podium and inside the chair closet. Tables and chairs, DMX lighting controls and kneeling/seat pads are also located in the closet. A bluetooth amplifier-speaker with microphone is available upon request. Restrooms are located nearby in the Vineyard Cabin.
Rates and Fees
- Rental of Lawrence Lodge / Vineyard Cabin: $40 the first night; $27 each additional night per person.
- Linens, housekeeping and meals are extra (prices below).
- Use of Bailey Hall when renting Lawrence Lodge: $75 per day
- We offer a 25% discount to our primary ministry: Catholic high school age youth retreats.
- Minimum Lodge occupancy is 18 (groups fewer than 18 are charged for 18). Lodge maximum is 46 guests.
- Larger groups renting Lawrence Lodge can use beds in Vineyard Cabin for overflow or to separate genders.
- Maximum capacity using both Lawrence Lodge and Vineyard Cabin is 78 guests.
- Early arrival/late departure fee for overnight groups (i.e. arriving before 2 PM or leaving after 2 PM): $30/hour flat rate.
- All-day rental of Lawrence Lodge: $450 (Lodge is available for all-day rentals on weekdays only, add Bailey for $75)
- Recommended donation for using only the Chapel (no other buildings): $30/hour or $90 per day.
- There is no additional charge for using the chapel when renting other buildings.
- Contact Fr. Ken if you are interested in using Welch Cottage.
- If you are not a Catholic high school or parish youth group and would like meal service, please contact Fr. Ken to see if an exception can be made or consider renting Holley Institute's Family Residence.
Catholic Parish or High School Youth Group 25% Discount
Rent Towels ($7 a set - only available in Lawrence Lodge)
Rent Sheets ($7 a set - only available in Lawrence Lodge)
Make beds with sheets rented above ($7 more per bed - only available in Lawrence Lodge)
DESALES MEAL SERVICE: Due to staff limitations, DeSales meal service is limited to youth groups and a few others. If your group is preparing your own meals, please skip the last three questions.
( ( ( 13 + ( [Days] * 27 ) ) * [People] ) + ( [Sheets] * [People] ) + ( [Towels] * [People] ) + ( [Bed] * [People] ) + [Cleaning] + ( [Bailey] * 75 ) + ( [Adventure] * 5 ) + ( [Breakfast] * [People] * 8 ) + ( [Lunch] * [People] * 8 ) + ( [Dinner] * [People] * 11 ) ) * [Discount]